Yesterday was a bad day (well, not all of it was bad). Jake had the day off for Veterans Day, so I took it off too. We took Kennedy to get some snacks to take as leader of the day and then we dropped her off at school. Then we went to get Jake's car inspected. It failed, which he was expecting because of the crack in the windshield, but they also found something else wrong. We took it to the dealership for repairs, where they found another part that needed replacing... $1,000 later we have an eleven-year-old car that runs like new.
The hardest part of the day was taking Macy in for some tests at the hospital. I knew it would be bad because I've been through this twice with Kennedy. Jake was along for the first time. She had an ultrasound, which went great. Then she had the VCUG, where she cried through the entire test. It was the saddest thing seeing her on the table trapped by the x-ray machine, pinned down by her dad, and her legs all bundled up. Macy kept looking up at us like she was saying, "I am miserable! Why don't you do something?" I think this must have been the worst day of her life, but she was happy again as soon as the catheter came out and she was free from her restraints. Everything appeared ok, but now we wait for the doctor's report.
We picked Kennedy up from my parents' house, where she was taking a nap. She then continued to sleep for another two hours, not even waking when we moved her from the bed to the car and then from the car to her own bed. We rounded the day out with some Chinese take-out, Jazz basketball on TV, and a yummy cranberry-pear upside down cake that I made. It was nearly impossible to get Kennedy to bed after that long late afternoon nap, and Macy woke up crying three times. I went in each time because I'm not quite ready to let her cry it out, especially with Kennedy in the same room. Just the other day a friend at work said something like, "Maybe tomorrow will be better - at least it will be different." Here's hoping!
1 comment:
I hear ya on the car repairs. It is always something right?
I hope your baby is alright.
Oh yeah, welcome to facebook. It is about time! :)
Post a Comment