Friday, April 23, 2010

My goodness, Macy Sue, where has the time gone!

Happy first birthday to my beautiful Macy Suzette. Your birth - the whole day, even the whole pregnancy - was the most amazing experience, and even with my terrible memory, I remember it all just like it was yesterday. Everything about it was perfect. You made our family complete. This year has been very special, and I will always treasure it. There are some advantages to being a second child; I was able to relax and enjoy things more because it wasn't all so new and overwhelming. And you sure made things easy by being such a good baby. You are so good natured, and it almost seems like you adopted a sleeping and eating schedule that worked for all of us right from the beginning. Now you're ready to take the first steps (we expect any day now - your're so close!) into the next stage of life, as a toddler. A few of the many things I love about you right now:

You fill my heart with joy...
when you see me and your face lights up as you shout "hi!"
when you wrap your little arms around me and snuggle into my neck.
when you delight in the new things you see and do and learn every day.

You make me laugh...
when you put your tiny feet in other people's shoes.
when you giggle as you try to escape from dad's tickling.
when you collapse on a pillow and pretend to sleep.

You have changed so much over your first year...
when your hair changed from thick and dark brown (like dad's) to fine and light brown (like mine).
when you went from your sweet, toothless smiles to a five-toothed wide grin.
when you moved from swaddled bundle, to sitting by yourself, to crawling, and now you're standing, cruising and climbing the stairs all by yourself!

I'm so excited to see what's in store for you over the next year! Macy, I am so lucky to be your mama, and I love you very much! I know your daddy and sister feel the same way, too!

1 comment:

Ira Burton said...

Macy, your aunts, uncles, and cousins love you too. We have so much fun watching you, playing with you, and hugging you! We are also very lucky to have you in our lives!