Kennedy doesn't have a bike. She hasn't shown any interest in learning to ride yet. I'm not sure she can pedal her big wheel more than five feet. She does have a Dora helmet, and it's her favorite color, purple. I guess that's a start.
We were told there would be some extra bikes and that this place was good for kids of all abilities. It looked like a fun track, and it was reserved just for our group. Most of the kids that were there did pretty well, but we saw quite a few crashes, a couple of skinned knees, some tears, and parents running behind bikes trying to push their kids up the steep hills. A few of the kids were surprisingly good, and some of the parents got into the fun by having a "dads' race" and a "moms' race."
Kennedy didn't want to try riding. She was very upset that daddy even suggested it. Even after seeing Mae Mae and Freya riding, she still wanted nothing to do with any of the bikes.

Macy gave it a try, but not for long. She was much more interested in walking the track.


Kennedy found some snacks and then a viewing tower where she could keep an eye on everything. That seemed to cheer her up. When we left, she told us that she had a good time. Maybe we can try this place again in another five years.
I wasn't exactly dying to give it a try myself - not with my history of bike riding/crashing. I think I didn't learn how to ride without training wheels until I was seven or eight. And my first memory is riding on the elementary school playground and running right into a basketball pole. Then there was my big crash that resulted in a concussion, broken wrist, and separated shoulder - and I think I might have broken or chipped a bone in my foot, but it was never officially diagnosed. And add to that several more minor falls in between. There's no rush to teach the girls to ride, right?
1 comment:
Never heard of this place. Totally going to take my kids this summer.
I hear ya on the bike riding thing. Last week, I tried to jump a curb on a beach cruiser. Crashed into a wall, and almost flew onto the freeway.
Post a Comment