Thursday, March 18, 2010

Favorite things

Kennedy likes to play a game called, "Mom, I will tell you all my favorites." Most of these she comes up with on her own, but Jake and I mix in a few of the questions. So, here are her favorites; at least her favorites on this particular day when I happened to write them down:

Day of the Week - Monday; Color - Purple; Body Part - Knees;
Fruit - Grapes; Vegetable - Broccoli; Movie - Up;
Vacation - Disneyland; Ride at Disneyland - Dumbo;
Dinner - Pizza; Drink - Apple Juice; Toy - Elmo;
Princess - Jasmine; Dessert - Ice Cream; Nut - Pistachio;
Animal - Giraffe; TV Show - Sesame Street;
Farm Animal - Sheep; Season - Spring; Holiday - Halloween;
Friend - Lucy; Number - Two; Letter - A (which is for alphabet);
Art Project - Finger Painting; Flower - Sunflower;
Breakfast - Pancakes;
Thing to do at Grandma Sue's - Play with the Little People;
Thing to do at Pamp's - Eat Lunch;
Thing to do at School - Do Jobs (and the farm animal job is my favorite);

And she added that her favorite mama is me and her favorite baby is Macy. I just love this girl! She is definitely my favorite three-year-old!

Macy's favorites are a little less obvious, but here are my best guesses:

She loves to be held, and she will give you sweet pats on the back while you are carrying her. She's even starting to give love pats and hugs to dolls and stuffed animals. Kennedy, on the other hand, only wanted to snuggle when she was sick.

She loves to pull hair (Kennedy and I wish that she didn't like this so much.)

She loves to talk. I think her favorite word is "Cat" - whenever she sees one or hears one, she points and shouts "Taaat!" with a big smile on her face. She also loves to wave and say "hi" and "bye." She's also very good at "mama" and I think she says "duck," "bath" and "ball."

She loves music, especially playing her toy piano. She even claps for herself and says "Yea!"

She loves taking a bath and is really good at splashing (but she does NOT like to have her hair rinsed.)

She loves to be outside, especially sitting on the grass, watching the sights and listening to the sounds. She's very observant and interested in every little detail. Unfortunately she also likes to eat leaves and sticks.

She loves to be tickled and get kisses on her feet, neck and tummy. And I love this because it makes her laugh, which is one of my favorite sounds in the whole world!

Some days I think her favorite toy is the one Kennedy happens to be playing with, but she really likes blocks, balls and pulling everything off the shelves or out of baskets.

Oh, and she loves her mom - I admit that I'm very happy to be her favorite person (for now, anyway.)

2 comments:

cknyen said...

I love reading your blog! Your beautiful girls are growing too fast. Thanks for sharing. connie

Emily said...

Katie! How fun to find you! I was sorry to hear about Marion. She was a neat and fun lady. We will miss her. You're girls are adorable. they look just like you! Hope you guys are well!