Thursday, December 1, 2011

School week

Monday, November 28
Macy had a good morning. She worked on the perception board, read books, and used the dress up clothes. She was very snugly today; she wanted to sit in a lap and just snuggle.
When I took Kennedy into her classroom, it was so cute to hear the kids saying, "Kennedy's back!" I guess they missed her while we were on vacation last week. After school, the girls and I got to meet baby Jonah for the first time - that's what they call him, "Baby-Jonah". He's a sweet, little guy. I was relieved that holding him didn't stir up any kind of crazy ideas of wanting a newborn. I'll be happy to be an aunt to any new babies born in the family. Just as well, the girls didn't want anything to do with him.
Tuesday, November 29
Macy had a great morning. She played with the farm, paper cutting, read stories, and played with the tutu.
Wednesday, November 30
Macy had a good day. We got to play outside today. She enjoyed being outside until she got too cold.
Thursday, December 1
Macy had a great morning. She worked on play dough and played in the gym.
Thursday was windy all day. The newspapers said it was the strongest winds blowing through Utah since 2000. Gale-force winds, reaching 90 mph in some areas, flipped semis, uprooted trees, ripped off roofs, and downed power lines. After we met with the home inspector at our new house (it feels funny to say that!), we spent some time at the Nelsons' since Kari, Rainier, and Jonah are leaving on Monday. Kennedy still didn't want to hold him, but she was much more interested this time. She had her own "Baby Jonah" (but told me, "it's just for pretend, mom") to take care of.

No comments: