Thursday, October 29, 2009

Getting ready for Halloween

We made it to the farm to take the pumpkin patch photos, but the girls weren't too cooperative. I'm not happy with the results, but it snowed the day after we got these shots and it didn't seem like a good idea to go back.



Kennedy is going to be a kangaroo for Halloween. I don't know where she got this idea, but she been fixed on it for several months now. We looked at several costume possibilities, but didn't find anything great... until we found a sea otter costume. I found a kangaroo puppet to be her joey. We bought some supplies to alter it, and Jake's mom added a pouch and made covers for the bunny ears we got - just don't call her a bunny. Several people did, and she wasn't too happy! She wore the costume on Saturday to the Nelson family party. She was a big hit, both for the costume and how cute she was playing around. Her cousins weren't there, but Kennedy joined right in with the other kids. Macy looked adorable in her Ute cheerleader costume. She spent some time getting to know baby Lydia who is just a few weeks older. I don't know yet if she will wear the cheerleader costume again or be a bear like Kennedy was for her first Halloween. The bear is much warmer, but I don't think we'll be doing much trick-or-treating.



We also got a few more pumpkins - the dragon got moldy and had to be thrown away. Our friends Paul and Sara came over to carve and have pizza. Kennedy was much happier with the results this time. She said something like, "Dad's pumpkin is beautiful. The cat and mouse are happy!" I tried to get fancy and make an elephant, but part of the trunk came off.

No comments: