On Saturday Jake and Kennedy stopped for pumpkins at Nole's Nursery on the way home from the Little Gym. He said that we could carve them as soon as she woke up from her nap. We had nap time drama, as usual, and Kennedy just wouldn't go to sleep at a reasonable time. Lately she's been napping at 3:00 or 3:30, and often sleeps until 6:00... and then bedtime becomes a battle. I need to find a way to get her off this schedule. During one of the failed nap attempts, Jake, Macy and I were downstairs watching TV. We hear someone pull up in the driveway and get out of the car. Jake gets up to see who is here. He doesn't recognize the car, and as he's going up the stairs there's a knock while the door is opening. He's face to face with some strange, older lady we've never seen before. She's carrying flowers and a present, but that doesn't make the fact that she's just broken into our home any more comfortable. She claims that she had the wrong house, but it looks just like the one she's trying to find! A little scary.
We gave in and took a family trip to the farm. It was really busy, but we didn't participate in any of the Halloween activities. I've taken a picture of Kennedy in the pumpkin patch every year, but right now the patch is pretty bare.
I don't know if they had a bad crop or lots of kids, but we might have to find somewhere else to take the picture this year. I have to carry on this silly tradition with Kennedy and get Macy's first pumpkin photo shoot, too. Macy had a nice nap in the stroller, but Kennedy was wide awake (until the car ride home).
Finally we carved the pumpkin. I suggested a dragon, and everyone seemed excited by the idea. Jake is the master carver, so he sketched out a design and put the pattern on the pumpkin. I was busy separating the seeds to roast, something I've never done before. Kennedy and Macy were having a great time watching it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment