Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's feeling like fall

I can't believe it's already October! On the first, we celebrated my old cabbage patch doll Keriann's birthday. She's 24, if you can believe it. We made her a cake in our new oven (the real reason for the party)! Kennedy picked out a rainbow cake with confetti frosting. She only ate a bite, but she was very excited to sing and have candles.

We took advantage of the little sun we had this week and had fun blowing bubbles in the backyard. Macy liked sitting in the grass and feeling it with her fingers.


Kennedy got sent home from school on Wednesday with a fever. I took her to the doctor Friday for yet another catheter, and now we're waiting for the test results. She has been doing ok while the fever is under control, but she crashes as soon as it starts rising. Her temp was 98 degrees when the nurse first checked it; within 30 minutes I asked to have it rechecked, and it was back up to 102.7. I also learned that the last infection she had was resistant to the antibiotic she takes every day. This could be her second breakthrough infection while on the prophylactic dose. I don't know what that means for her treatment, but we may at least need to change to a different antibiotic.

No comments: